Team Penning & Ranch Sorting Competition
Friday, August 18
Team Penning 3:00 pm - Dusk
Saturday, August 19
- Support the fight against ALS! The 8th Annual Ride, Raffle ‘n Roll for ALS is serving breakfast in Timber Hall from 8:00 am -10:00 am. Cost $5.00.
- Team Penning 9:00 am – Dusk
- $15 per rider each run
- Buckles and prize money awarded!
Sunday, August 20
- Competitive Sorting 9:00 am until done!
- $25 per rider for two runs
- Sign-up ends at noon!
- Contestants must make two runs to compete in the Top Ten Short Run.
- Buckles and prize money!
- Primitive Camping Available
- Food and Concessions On Site
- Limited Stall Rental Available
Contacts: Doug Mattson 218-750-2277 and Jeff Anderson 218-780-3449
Daniel Clifford Theel (August 31, 1954 - April 9, 2020) of Embarrass graduated from Babbitt High School in 1972. He loved horses, especially Paints. His talents and interests were many; he raised poultry, worked as a welder, over-the-road trucker, an EMT, and a miner.
Danny was an active volunteer with the Babbitt Ambulance and Fire Department and volunteered many years with the St. Louis County Rescue Squad. He was active in competitive ranch sorting and team penning, and at the time of his death was the Vice-Chair of the Embarrass Region Fair Association. He enjoyed boating, water skiing, and scuba diving. He thoroughly enjoyed farm auctions, handling farm machinery, and making hay. He loved his wife, Toni, and his horse, Rockett.
Danny was known for his quick wit, seemingly endless store of jokes, humorous sayings, and quotes. He was always willing to lend a helping hand to others. He was also an ordained minister.
In 2020, the Team Penning and Ranch Sorting Competition was named in his memory.